Pro Loco Faenza
Visit Faenza
Torre dell'Orologio - Clock Tower
Torre dell'Orologio - Clock Tower

The original, seventeenth-century clock tower was blown up by retreating Germans in November 1944. The current one is a faithful reconstruction, as it was and where he was, in 1953.
The original project was by Fra Domenico Paganelli (the same author of below Monumental Fountain) who built it since 1604, using a rusticated base century. It's a 'square-shaped', 5 overlapping orders and crowned by a dome. Below, in a niche with a balcony surrounded by beautiful wrought iron railing and brass, there is a marble "Madonna con Bambino", by Francesco Scala, in 1611.

Photo gallery
  • Address
    Piazza del Popolo
    48018 Faenza RA
  • Area: Center
  • Map: